Jun 2020 | TeamPage uses Solr for faceted navigation and search
Traction® Software is an early believer in the value of scalable, permission aware, faceted navigation and search spanning all Traction® TeamPage content.
Solr automatically clips TeamPage navigation links and search results to match permissions of each object versus the access control list permissions of the user making the request.
TeamPage Solr search includes the core permissioned search, faceted navigation, and on the fly indexing pioneered with FAST, along with the Social Enterprise Web and other capabilities introduced with Attivio.
TeamPage Faceted navigation and search (FAST 2006)
By embedding FAST InStream, TeamPage now delivers state of the art search and content drill-down that is as good or better than that of the most capable content and document management systems on the market today and
- Extends the TeamPage standard search capability by adding permission- filtered search across over 370 formats of documents attached to Traction TeamPage blog posts or stored in TeamPage web folders.
- Provides interactive drill-down navigation, including AND and OR selection, enabling users to quickly understand their search set and narrow tens or hundreds of thousands of results down to just a few that are highly relevant using keywords, entities, and metadata attributes.
- Adds a "Find Similar" choice to posts, comments and search results to make it simple to find other relevant content.
- Adds automatically calculated Rank order to Newest First and Oldest First sort options.
Rank order is determined by automatic linguistic and link analysis.
- Adds search by content types including posts, pages, comments, emails and files.
"In the era of Enterprise 2.
TeamPage Social Enterprise Web Features (Attivio 2011)
TeamPage Social Enterprise Web features enable TeamPage to share, tag, comment, task, index and search linked public Web or company intranet pages.
- Use TeamPage to discuss, tag, task or share internal or external sources using search, TeamPage Badges or bookmarking.
- Indexing TeamPage tags, discussion and tasks associated with external content improves relevance ranking for search by adding social business context.
- New TeamPage Web browser bookmarklet can be used to discuss, tag, task, share and index selected pages on the public Web or a private intranet.
- New TeamPage Badges can be added to any Web page to provide a one-click action to discuss, tag, task or share that page.
- TeamPage Badges shows a live count of the number of social actions associated with that page, with one click to open and see the actions in context.
- TeamPage Badge counts and navigation are permission aware – including only what you have permission to see based on TeamPage access control rules.
- TeamPage search results and activity streams include avatars to show who has discussed, tagged, tasked or shared that internal or external content.
- One click expands any search result or activity item inline to quickly review details without leaving the page.
- One click opens external documents or records in a Web browser or native client (depending on the source).
- Metadata shown for each source type, styling and behavior of source-specific detail shown with search results and in activity streams can be easily customized using the Traction's Skin Definition Language plug-in for that source.
TeamPage Solr - Blazing-fast, open source enterprise search platform
- Advanced configurable text analysis - Support for most of the widely spoken languages in the world (English, Chinese, Japanese, German, French and many more)
- Rich document parsing - Apache Tika built-in, making it easy to index rich content such as Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word and more.
- Near real-time indexing - as text and documents are posted to TeamPage, Solr queues and indexes the content
- Extensible plug-in architecture - works as a pure TeamPage plug-in
- Built in security - supports clipping search results to match TeamPage ACL rules of the person making the search request
- High performance query optimization with configurable caching
- Comprehensive administration interfaces
See Apache Solr
Type a few words, quoted phrase, or search expression.
The Tag facet shows a list of Tags attached to one or more search results, along with the number of matches for each Tag.
The Type facet shows the type of object containing one or more search hits.
Click the down arrow to the right of any search result to expand the search result inline - no need to open the result in a separate window.
The Work Graph Model: TeamPage style Understand how TeamPage connects people and their work.
The important requirement is making tasks, projects, pages, discussions and other work products first class sharable, named objects that can be connected to each other and what you're working on, discussed, tagged, tasked, and navigated as well as found using search.
Borders, Spaces, and Places In his Fast Forward 08 Keynote What's Most Important for Success with Enterprise 2.0? Prof Andrew McAfee said that borders are needed in order to use Enterprise 2.
I agree and suggest adding a follow-on principal: "Borders should seem transparent to those with permission to cross them.
For Traction TeamPage this means:
- All content and relevant context are indexed for search, but the search engine delivers the subset of results that the person making the request can read.
- Tag clouds and drill-down navigation present the tags and drill-down paths derived from what that person can read.
- Traction's Dashboard views roll-up content from many spaces based on tag, content or other criteria defined by Section widgets, and automatically shows the subset of content which that person can read.
- RSS feeds, email, IM notifications and cross-reference lists automatically reflect the content and cross references which that person can read.
For example, if you're an employee at the center of a "hub and spoke" collaboration pattern, when you navigate, search or link information, the borders separating different customer spaces and internal spaces you can read become transparent for collaboration.
You can still use the names of spaces created for particular customers to focus your attention on a particular issue or collection of content, but you effectively see one big wiki /
If a customer logs in to your TeamPage server, they see only the rolled-up content, search results, tags, feeds, and space names that they have permission to read.
Traction TeamPage even extends commenting and inline discussion to work transparently across borders.
Just like a good architect knows how the to use the affordances and relationships of physical spaces to help cue behavior, architects of social software should aim to use software affordances to make socializing in the neighborhood, workplace, and commons as natural as possible.
"A conference hall and a theatre share many similar spatial features (such as lighting and orientation); and yet we rarely sing or dance when presenting conference papers, and to do so would be regarded as at least slightly odd (or would need to be explained).
Information Foraging at FASTForward '07 Blog and wiki spaces become what Information Foraging researchers like Peter Pirolli and Stuart Card call enriched "information patches".
I showed a few slides introducing Information Foraging theory, then a few screenshot examples using FAST's guided search to navigate Traction content by space (project), label, and automatically recognized keyword or entity (person name, company name, location).
You have a much better chance finding a contextually relevant "Smithers contract" in a client project blog/
To download my slides click Search Meets Blogs and Wikis (4.
Greg Lloyd, FASTForward '07, Feb 8, 2007 San Diego.
See the book: Information Foraging Theory, Peter Pirolli, Oxford Books Jan 2007.
Greg Lloyd on "Enterprise 2.0 for Intelligence Analysts", FASTForward 08 It’s easy to store and find documents in folders if you know the structure by heart.
Traction Software Brings FAST-Enabled Search to Blogs and Wikis Traction Software Brings FAST-Enabled Search to Blogs and Wikis Traction Goes Beyond Blogs and Wikis, Offering Integrated FAST InStream Search Technology to Enable Secure Search, Entity Extraction and Drill Down Navigation PROVIDENCE, RI -- (MARKET WIRE) -- December 18, 2006 -- Traction® Software, the leading developer of products for secure, scalable, web-based collaboration, today announced the general availability of its Traction TeamPage™ FAST Search Module.
Traction Software Selects Attivio to Power Information Access for Enterprise 2.