Department of Defense Selects Traction Software as part of Net-Centric Innovation Initiative
Traction Enterprise Weblogs to Transform DoD Communications, Deliver Simple, Secure Solution Designed to Accelerate Test and Evaluation Programs
Red Javelin Communications, Inc.
The five-year RAI-NC initiative was launched this past summer and runs from 2004 through 2008.
In a letter announcing RAI-NC selections to Secretaries of the military departments and other senior defense officials, Department of Defense CIO, John Stenbit said, "The FY04 RAI-NC pilots are consistent with the strategies for each of the DoD Business Domains and the Technical Infrastructure Domain.
From the initial 120 proposals, the DoD has selected 12 projects for funding in FY 2004, including the "Implementation of Weblog Technology to Accelerate Test & Evaluation Programs" project led by the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC), with participation from the Office of Naval Research (ONR), Marine Corps, Army Night Vision Lab, Defense Acquisition University (DAU), Ford Motor Company, Epsilon Systems, and the New York City Police.
The pilot project will use Traction Software's Enterprise Weblog technology to create a communication hub that will be used to do the following:
- Identify field-test participants based on program need and leveragable results
- Plan delivery and installation of test items
- Brief field-test participants
- Enable field-test participants to ask questions, monitor results from other teams, and report their own results
- Enable the program manager and the extended team to quickly resolve issues and make in-process changes to test plans based on incremental results
- Create a round-the-clock log of significant events available to the program manager and all stakeholders, providing more timely and transparent access while reducing formal reporting overhead
"Current program management processes depend on email to connect the many changing parties who are critical to a project's success.
About Traction's TeamPage Enterprise Weblog Software
Traction TeamPage Enterprise Weblog software is an easy-to-use powerful solution that allows everyday corporate users to collect, link and organize information from e-mail, the Web, Office and other sources and deliver it organized by time, topic and importance to improve productivity, knowledge sharing, communications and collaboration.
Users who have been granted permission within TeamPage can update and enrich content, easily adding comments, cross-links, topic labels and action flags.
About Traction Software
Traction Software is the leader in Enterprise Weblog software, delivering easy to use tools for groups and teams to communicate, share, organize and link all-sources information in context.
Traction is a registered trademark and Traction TeamPage is a trademark of Traction Software, Inc.